英语学习中,如何正确理解with的用法?

如何正确理解with的用法?
因为with有太多种解释了,能通俗一点的说说什么时候用这个with吗?

提交回答

全部答案

2011-09-21 13:01:16
  •   with  
    / wɪð, wɪθ; wɪð, wɪθ/ prep 
     (a) in the company or presence of (sb/sth) 和(某人[某事物])在一起: live with one's parents 与父母住在一起 * go on holiday with a friend 和朋友一起去度假 * spend time with the children 跟孩子在一起度时光 * discuss the plans with an expert 同专家研究计画 * I've got a client with me at the moment。
       我现在有个委托人。 * Put the dolls away with your other toys。 把这些玩具娃娃和你的其他玩具放在一起。 * If you mix blue with yellow you get green。 把蓝色和黄色混合在一起就成了绿色。
       * Can I wear this tie with my blue shirt? 我穿蓝衬衫能系这条领带吗? * The money is on the table with the shopping-list。 钱在桌子上跟购物单在一起呢。
       (b) in the care, charge or possession of (sb) 由(某人)照看﹑ 管理或持有: I leave the baby with my mother every day。 我每天都把婴儿交给我母亲照料。
       * I left a message for you with your secretary。 我给你留了个信儿交给你秘书了。 * The keys are with reception。 钥匙都在接待处呢。 having or carrying (sth) 有或带着(某物): a girl with (ie who has) red hair 红头发的女孩儿 * the man with the scar 带伤疤的男子 * a person with a knowledge of European markets 熟悉欧洲市场的人 * a coat with a belt 有腰带的大衣 * a house with a swimming-pool 带游泳池的房子 * the man with a wooden leg 有一条木腿的男子 * the boy with a camera 带着照相机的男孩儿 * He looked at her with a hurt expression。
       他带着受伤害的神情看着她。 (a) (indicating the tool or instrument used 用以表示使用的工具或器具): cut it with a knife 用刀把它切开 * You can see it with a microscope。
      用显微镜就能看见。 * He hit it with a hammer。 他用锤子砸。 * feed the baby with a spoon 用勺喂小孩儿 * sew with cotton thread 用棉线缝 * hold the door open with a stone 用石头顶着门让它开着 * I can only move it with your help。
       只有靠你帮忙我才能移动它。 * It was easy to translate with a dictionary。 借助词典进行翻译就很容易。 (b) (indicating the material or item used 用以表示使用的材料或物件): fill the bowl with water 把这个盆装满水 * sprinkle the dish with salt 在这盘菜上撒点盐 * The lorry was loaded with timber。
       这辆卡车上装的是木材。 * The bag was stuffed with dirty clothes。 这个袋子里塞满了脏衣服。 (a) agreeing with or supporting (sb/sth) 与(某人[某事物])一致; 支持(某人[某事物]): We've got all the nurses with us in our fight to stop closures。
       我们竭力反对停业, 获得全体护士的支持。 * She's going along with management on this issue。 她在这个问题上同意资方的意见。 * I'm with you all the way! 我始终和你的意见一致! (b) in opposition to (sth); against (sth) 与(某事物)对立; 反对(某事物): fight, argue, quarrel, etc with sb 与某人打斗﹑ 争论﹑ 吵架等 * I had a row with Jane。
       我跟简吵了一架。 * in competition with our rivals 同我们的对手竞争 * play tennis with sb 同某人打网球 * at war with a neighbouring country 同邻国交战。
       because of (sth); on account of (sth) 因为或由於(某事物): blush with embarrassment 因难为情而脸红 * tremble with fear 吓得发抖 * shaking with laughter 笑得浑身直颤 * Her fingers were numb with cold。
       她手指冻木了。 (indicating the manner, circumstances or condition in which sth is done or takes place 用以表示方式﹑ 情况﹑ 环境或条件): I'll do it with pleasure。
       我很高兴做这件事。 * I can lift 50 kilos with an effort。 我用力能举起50公斤的重量。 * She performed a somersault with ease, ie easily。 她一下子就翻了一个跟头。
       * He acted with discretion, ie discreetly。 他做得很谨慎。 * She sleeps with the light on。 她爱开着灯睡觉。 * He welcomed her with open arms。
       他热情地欢迎她。 * Don't stand with your hands in your pockets。 站着的时候不要把手插在口袋里。 * With your permission, sir, I'd like to speak。 先生, 若您允许, 我想发言。
       in the same direction as (sth) 与(某物)方向一致: sail with the wind 顺风驶船 * swim with the tide 顺着潮流游泳 * drift with the current 顺水飘浮 * The shadow moves with the sun。
       这个影子跟着太阳移动。 because of and at the same rate as (sth) 随着(某事物): The shadows lengthened with the approach of sunset。 随着太阳下落, 影子也逐渐伸长。
       * Skill comes with experience。 经验越多, 技巧越熟练。 * Good wine will improve with age。 佳酿越陈越醇。 in regard to, towards or concerning(sb/sth) 对於或关於(某人[某事物]): careful with the glasses 当心这些玻璃杯 * patient with your aunt 对你姑姑耐心些 * angry with my children 生我孩子的气 * pleased with the result 对结果满意 * inconsistent with an earlier statement 与前述不一致 * a problem with accommodation 关於住宿的问题 * What can he want with me? 他能要我做什麽呢? * What can one do with half a chess set? 只有半副棋有什麽办法呢? in the case of (sb/sth); as regards (sb/sth) 对(某人[某事物])来说; 至於(某人[某事物]): With Italians it's pronunciation that's the problem。
       对意大利人来说, 发音是个问题。 * It's a very busy time with us at the moment。 我们现在非常忙。 and also (sth); including (sth) 连。。。带。。。; 包括(某事物): The meal with wine came to 12 each。
       那顿饭连酒每人12英镑。 * With preparation and marking a teacher works 12 hours a day。 一个教师连备课带改作业每天工作12小时。 * The week cost us over 500 but that was with skiing lessons。
       那个星期我们花了500多英镑, 但其中包括滑雪课的学费。 (as) an employee or client of (an organization) (作为)(一组织)的雇员或委托人: I hear he's with ICI now。
       我听说他现在在帝国化学工业公司工作。 * She acted with a repertory company for three years。 她在一个轮演剧目剧团里演出三年。 * We're with the same bank。 我们是同一个银行的客户。
       (indicating separation from sth/sb 用以表示与某事物[某人]分离): I could never part with this ring。 我永远戴着这个戒指。 * Can we dispense with the formalities? 咱们能免去这些礼节吗? considering (one fact in relation to another) 考虑到(一事与另一事的关系): With only two days to go we can't afford to relax。
       只有两天时间了, 我们可不能松懈。 * With no hope of a holiday life's very depressing。 度假无望, 日子自然过得很沉闷。 * She won't be able to help us, with all her family commitments。
       她帮不了我们, 她家里的事还多着呢。 in spite of (sth); despite 尽管; 虽然: With all her faults he still liked her。 尽管她有那麽多缺点, 可他还是喜欢她。 (idm 习语) be with sb (infml 口) be able to follow what sb is saying 能明白某人说的话: I'm afraid I'm not quite with you。
       很抱歉, 我不太懂您的意思。 `with it (dated sl 旧, 俚) (a) knowledgeable about current fashions and ideas; alert 了解时代潮流和意识; 敏感的: Come on get with it! 好啦--时髦点儿吧! * He's not very with it today。
       他今天有点迟钝。 (b) (of clothes and their wearers) fashionable (指衣物和穿着者)时髦的: She's more with it now than she was 20 years ago。 她比20年前时髦了。
       with `that immediately after that 紧接着; 随即: He muttered a few words of apology and with that he left。 他支支吾吾地道个歉就马上走了。

拾***

2011-09-21 13:01:16

类似问题

换一换

相关推荐

正在加载...
最新问答 推荐信息 热门专题 热点推荐
  • 1-20
  • 21-40
  • 41-60
  • 61-80
  • 81-100