w*** 23-05-07 习题

雅思习题(1)

Describe A piece of advice you’ve

You should say:

what it is

who gave it to you

why you took the advice

and explain what the result

I can remember a time when I sought advice from a wide range of different It was a couple of years ago, at a previous job, when I fell for a From my perspective it was love at first sight, but I was unsure whether the feeling was mutual and I didn’t know my company’s stance on office

I didn’t know what to do and I didn’t want to listen to just one person, so, as I said, I asked a few of my friends to get a broad set of opinions and points of A couple of people had reservations and advised caution, they recommended that I should take things slow, after all, “good things come to those that wait”. However, the general feeling was that I should go for it and ask her They said I had nothing to lose and I should strike while the iron’s I had butterflies in my stomach, but despite being a nervous wreck, I eventually plucked up the courage to ask her

As it happens, I shouldn’t have listened to She turned me down in front of all my co-workers and I had to walk back to my desk with my tail between my I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life and I’ll definitely think twice before putting my heart on the line As they say, “once bitten, twice

雅思习题(2)

Describe an important gift you had in your

You should say:

what it is

who gave it to you

what it looks like

and explain why it was important to

The first thing the pops into my head are my cats, Topsy and They were my little bundles of joy whilst I was growing

When I was much younger I had another cat, called Sadly he was run over by a bus one day in front of our I can remember very vividly, one day I came home from school and my mum told me to look in the I saw Topsy and Truvy and it was love at first She told me when she had gone to collect them she only intended to buy one kitten, she put Topsy into the box and Turvy was mewing so loudly and scratching the She decided they were soul mates and couldn’t separate

I have no idea what kind of cats they were, all I can tell you is that they were painfully Topsy was ginger and Turvy was ginger and Turvy had little white patches on his paws that made it look like he was wearing Topsy was a little furrier and made him look One was shy and the other more Like all brothers, they would sometimes fight and at other times cuddle up

Alas, they are no longer with Topsy passed away a few years ago and years finally caught up with Turvy finally as she bit the bullet last I knew that they would not live as long as me, but it’s still depressing to lose someone you

雅思习题(3)

Describe an indoor game that you played when you were a

You should say:

what the game was

where you played it

who you played it with

and explain why you enjoyed this

I think I’d have to go for Jigsaw puzzles to be I have a huge collection, although most of them are hidden in a cupboard somewhere in my parents’ house, these

I used to have a special table exclusively for doing my puzzles Once I got into the groove, I would become immersed in the puzzle and get lost in a world of my Occasionally I would try to solve one with my grandmother, but this was more for her benefit as I much prefer doing it by I know it sounds selfish, but it’s just not as much fun sharing the responsibility with someone else and the pay off isn’t as big at the

I started when I was just a toddler, putting shapes into pre-cut holes, but slowly I graduated to more complex These days it’s not unusual to find me tackling a really complex puzzle, like an “Impossipuzzle” which are double-sided and feature a picture of something very small but in large quantities, like a plate of baked beans or loads of Brussels

In my opinion as well as being an enjoyable pastime, jigsaw puzzles are good for your The brain is basically just a muscle and so it should be given a work out every now and Jigsaw puzzles are challenging and although they are time consuming, they provide great satisfaction once you’ve finished

雅思习题(4)

Describe an educational TV

You should say:

what the program is

what type of program it is

what contents it has

and explain what you learned from the

I’d like to talk about a program from my childhood called “How 2”, I believe it’s originally a British TV show that was televised in my country with The presenters certainly spoke with a British

It’s hard to pin down exactly what type of program it was, I guess a mixture of science and history, with some everyday facts thrown in for good The title itself is a play on words, as the series would show you ‘how to’ do certain

The show is aimed at kids in middle school or high The hosts would routinely do experiments to demonstrate science in action, I remember one in particular where the presenters were trying to pour water out of a bottle in the quickest way The winner had a very good technique whereby she would swirl the water, creating a vortex and causing the liquid to fly out of the bottle far quicker than any of the others’.

As you would expect, the show got me interested in science and learning, but it also showed that you could do many experiments yourself and have fun at home, with everyday objects and materials that were easy to get hold At school we would need equipment and the teacher would have to supervise us, but at home we could be left to our own devices, with just a bottle and some water to keep us

雅思习题(5)

Describe a piece of equipment you want to buy in the

You should say:

what the equipment is

where are you going to buy it

what features it has

and explain why you want to buy

I’m a bit behind the times, so I think number one on my list of most wanted, indeed most needed equipment, is a

I’m not sure exactly where to by my new On the one hand I could buy it on the Internet, where it’s likely to be cheaper, but on the other hand I prefer the more intimate experience of going to a shop and seeing the product first hand before I commit to buy Zhongguancun, an area of Beijing, has a huge selection of technological equipment, with mall after mall housing floor after floor of computers, phones and other It’s a geek’s

My current phone has been described as an ‘old man’s phone’. It basically only calls and sends text My new smartphone will have a plethora of features, including a high-resolution camera and the ability to download a wide range of apps, like It can also play movies, which will be especially useful when I’m trying to kill time on the subway on the way to

Really, the soon I buy a smartphone the It’s high time I was brought up to date, I don’t want to be one of those technophobes who is dragged kicking and screaming into the modern I’d also like to start using WeChat as everyone I know has it and I don’t want to get left behind or kept out of the

雅思习题(6)

Describe a good parent you

You should say:

who the parent is

how you knew the parent

what the parent looks like

相关考题:

Describe a family member you want to spend time with

Describe a person who you respect

Describe a good neighbour

话题考频:

人物类的话题本来就是雅思口语第二部分中出现频率较高的类别,而人物类中有关于家人的话题也会变换不同的家庭成员进行考察,包括家庭中的小孩儿,家庭中有趣的成员以及本题中涉及的你知道的一个好家长等等。关于我知道的一个好家长,就会想到我一个朋友的妈妈,由于她特别宽容,也教育她的孩子宽容待人,尊重他人,在我眼里她是我知道的一个好家长。

话题解析:

对于第二部分需要强调的是充分的准备,无论是在论点方面,还是在词汇方面,以便充分论述话题。在这道题中考生对人物相貌的描述可以参考使用oval faces 椭圆的脸型, fair skin 皮肤白皙以及 big charming eyes。另外,还有对于发型的描述 with long curly hair 长长的卷发或 straight hair直发等。考生还需要在描述人物的体型时避免使用fat一词, 因为毕竟直接这样形容一个人不太礼貌,如果要表达胖可以用 overweight。

考生在审题的时候一定要仔细注意题目要求,论述的是一位好家长,而不是一对好父母。单复数的限定必须要注意到,在整个话题的论述中讲一位家长就好,可以是某人的爸爸、妈妈、爷爷或奶奶。在论述中还一定要注意在讲parent时不要加s,否则对于单复数的限定就没有把握好。

在整个话题的论述当中,最好举例说明自己知道的这位好家长到底如何好。考生们可以讲述整个事件,也可以把讲故事或者发生的一件事作为举例的一种形式。但是需要注意在讲述事件的时候不要太纠结过于细致的细节描述。

第二部分话题的论述中一定要注意时态。尤其在这个话题的论述中很明显事件是已经发生过的,所以对于事件描述要注意过去时的使用。

范例:

Well, speaking of a good parent I know, I’d like to talk about the mother of one friend of mine, Mrs Wong, who’s an excellent Regarding how I knew this person, well, I first met her many years ago, like a decade ago or something, you know, I went to the same primary school with her daughter, Because Lily and I had a lot of things in common, we hit it off and ended up seeing quite a lot of each other’s As for what she looks like, well, interesting enough, she actually looks pretty similar to I mean, they both have oval faces, fair skin and big charming Of course, there’s something Mrs Wong is in her 40s, of medium height, but a little bit overweight, with long curly hair, whereas as a teenager, Lily is pretty short and slim with short straight Ultimately, moving on to why I think she’s a good parent, what I’d like to say here is that there are quite a few And the main reason is that she sets a very good example for her Just to give you an example, she always teaches Lily to be a tolerant person and she is such a tolerant person As far as I know, she has never been rude to anyone, even if she’s very I still remember once Lily was hit by a stone thrown away by a boy by accident and her head was When Mrs Wong arrived here, she didn’t get mad or blame that guilty Instead, she comforted him and then took Lily to the Also, she told Lily to forgive that boy, because he didn’t really mean It’s fair to say almost every person speak highly of Mrs So, I guess Mrs Wong is not only a good parent for Lily, but a role model for me as

雅思习题(7)

乡下的愉快经历Describe a time you had good experience in the countryside

You should say:

Where you went

What you did

When you did it

Who you went with

And explain why it was enjoyable?

这道题其实想到素材并不是件难事,但是如何把这类的事件题说满两分钟,还是宝宝们一个比较大的问题,所以呢,今天我们就来看看要如何说。其实很简单,这道题我与和小孩共度时光进行了合并,也就是说,我这篇素材说的是在乡下和一个小孩一起共度了一段时光的经历,这样是不是就有一些具体的内容可以讲了呢?话不多说,我们就来看看要如何叙述吧!

Well, this topic actually reminds me of last week when I went to visit my grandparents in the You know, my parents and I would go visit my grandparents every weekend possible, it’s kind of our That’s when I meet up with my family and see my cousins because we live in different As I’m much older than my other cousins, sometimes it’s quite awkward to spend time with We don’t have much to talk Last week, everyone was going out, but my 5-year-old cousin and I didn’t wanna tag along, so my aunt asked me to babysit At first it was weird because I’ve never babysat anyone, plus, I’m not really good with However, my cousin started talking to me about what happens in his kindergarden and how he likes this girl in his He was like, “I like her a lot, but she prefer toplay with some other boy in my class, what do I do?”. To be honest, I didn’t think a 5-year-old would even think about this kinda He was totally talking to me like a grown-up and actually asking for my Then we went out for a You can’t imagine how spectacular the view is in my grandparents’ village during spring time! There was a large field ofblooming flowers, gently swayed back and forth as the wind breezed, all of which really brightened up myday! My little cousin wouldn’t stop singing as we were walking along the experience completely changed my view of I used to think they are all noisy and loud, but after spending time with my cousin, I realised not every child is like that and I really enjoyed this experience as I got to know about my cousin That’s all, thank

首先解释为什么去乡下,是因为我家有个每星期都去看外公外婆的传统,到大家都要出门,但是我和弟弟不想去,这样导致我们两个不得不单独呆在一起,是不是整个故事就很流畅了呢?接下来再描述我们在一起干了些什么,并且找一些可以描述乡下美景的单词和短语,让素材更佳切题,最后解释为什么享受了这次的经历。是不是很简单呢?看完以后你们是不是也迫不及待想去练习一下这道题了呢?快快行动哦!

雅思口语语料:

Awkward 尴尬的

Tag along 跟着(在原文中意思是我和我弟弟不想跟着去)

Babysit 照看小孩

Weird 奇怪的

was like… 这是个很好用的短语,表示过去某人说过的话或者作出的反应,当表示说过的话时,你可以说,hewas like “OMG!”。当你想表达当时某人的反应时,你可以说,he was like, totally

Grown-up 成年人

Blooming flowers 盛开的花

Sway back and forth 来回摆动

Breeze 吹微风

Brighten up 使活跃,使快活(brighten up my day经常用作一个固定的句子,可以背下来,意思和makemy day相近)

雅思习题(8)

雅思阅读练习题美文赏析

Global Warming and the Polar Bear

A Polar bears prefer to live in extremely cold artic climates. They live only in the Northern Hemisphere, on the arctic ice cap, and they spend most of their time on coastal areas. Polar bears are widely

spread in Canada, extending from the northern arctic islands south to the Hudson Bay area. They are also found in Greenland, on islands off the shore of Norway, on the northern coast of the former Soviet Union, and on the northern and northwestern coasts of Alaska in the United States.

B The polar bear is the largest members of the bear family. Males Polar Bears stand from eight to 11 feet tall and generally weigh from 500 to 1,000 pounds, but can weigh as much as 1,400 pounds.

Female bears generally stand eight feet tall and weigh 400 to 600 pounds, except some, which can reach 700 pounds. The reason the polar bear weighs so much is that it stores about a four-inch layer of fat to keep it warm. The polar bear has a long, narrower head and nose, and small ears. It has coat that appears white but, each individual hair is actually clear and hollow. This helps the

polar bear keep warm. The polar bears coat helps it blend in with its snowy surroundings, this adaptation helps the Polar Bear hide while hunting. The polar bears front legs are slightly pigeon-toed, and fur covers the bottoms of its paws. These adaptations help polar bears keep themselves from slipping on ice.

雅思习题(9)

雅思阅读模拟练习题

模拟练习:雅思阅读练习题

Hackers target the home front

1. One of the UKs leading banks has been forced to admit that organised hacking gangs have been targeting its executives. For the past year, Royal Bank of Scotland has been fighting systematic attempts to break into its computer systems from hackers who have sent personalised emails containing keyloggers to its senior management. This has included executives up to board level and is now the subject of a separate investigation by the Serious and Organised Crime Agency.

2. The hackers are homing in on the trend for people to work from home. The hackers make the assumption that the computers being used outside the work environment are more vulnerable than those protected by a corporate IT department.

Growing threat

3. For companies it is a growing threat as home working increases: a recent survey from the Equal Opportunities Commission found that more than 60% of the UKs population wants the option of flexible working.

4. And the hackers are employing increasingly sophisticated techniques. Each email they send is meticulously built to make it attractive to its target, who the criminals have carefully researched by trawling the internet for information. Once the email is composed, the malware is just as carefully designed: it is often modified to avoid detection by security software.

雅思习题(10)

Background music may seem harmless, but it can have a powerful effect on those who hear it. Recorded background music first found its way into factories, shop and restaurants in the US. But it soon spread to other arts of the world. Now it is becoming increasingly difficult to go shopping or eat a meal without listening to music.

To begin with, muzak was intended simply to create a soothing atmosphere. Recently, however, its become big businessthanks in part to recent research. Dr. Ronald Milliman, an American marketing expert, has shown that music can boost sales or increase factory production by as much as a third.

But, it has to be light music. A fast one has no effect at all on sales. Slow music can increase receipts by 38%. This is probably because shoppers slow down and have more opportunity to spot items they like to buy. Yet, slow music isnt always answer. Dr.Milliman found, for example, that in restaurants slow music meant customers took longer to eat their meals, which reduced overall sales. So restaurants owners might be well advised to play up-tempo music to keep the customers movingunless of course, the resulting indigestion leads to complaints!

1. The reason why background music is so popular is that ______.

A. it can have a powerful effect on those who hear it

B. it can help to create a soothing atmosphere

雅思习题(11)

雅思模拟阅读习题

Study Finds Web Antifraud Measure Ineffective

1. Internet security experts have long known that simple passwords do not fully defend online bank accounts from determined fraud artists. Now a study suggests that a popular secondary security measure provides little additional protection.

2.The study, produced jointly by researchers at Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, looked at a technology called site-authentication images. In the system, currently used by financial institutions like Bank of America, ING Direct and Vanguard, online banking customers are asked to select an image, like a dog or chess piece, that they will see every time they log in to their account.

3.The idea is that if customers do not see their image, they could be at a fraudulent Web site, dummied up to look like their bank’s, and should not enter their passwords.

4.The Harvard and M.I.T. researchers tested that hypothesis. In October, they brought 67 Bank of America customers in the Boston area into a controlled environment and asked them to conduct routine online banking activities, like looking up account balances. But the researchers had secretly withdrawn the images.

5.Of 60 participants who got that far into the study and whose results could be verified, 58 entered passwords anyway. Only two chose not to log on, citing security concerns.

6.“The premise is that site-authentication images increase security because customers will not enter their passwords if they do not see the correct image,” said Stuart Schechter, a computer scientist at the M.I.T. Lincoln Laboratory. “From the study we learned that the premise is right less than 10 percent of the time.”

7.He added: “If a bank were to ask me if they should deploy it, I would say no, wait for something better,” he said.

8.The system has some high-power supporters in the financial services world, many trying to comply with new online banking regulations. In 2005, the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council, an interagency body of federal banking regulators, determined that passwords alone did not effectively thwart intruders like identity thieves.

9.It issued new guidelines, asking financial Web sites to find better ways for banks and customers to identify each other online. January 2007 was set as the compliance date, though the council has yet to begin enforcing the mandate.

10.Banks immediately knew what they did not want to do: ask customers to download new security software, or carry around hardware devices that feed them PIN codes they can use to authenticate their identities. Both solutions would add an extra layer of security but, the banks believed, detract from the convenience of online banking.

11.The image system, introduced in 2004 by a Silicon Valley firm called PassMark Security, offered banks a pain-free addition to their security arsenals. Bank of America was among the first to adopt it, in June 2005, under the brand name SiteKey, asking its 21 million Web site users to select an image from thousands of possible choices and to choose a unique phrase they would see every time they logged in.

12.SiteKey “gives our customers a fairly easy way of authenticating the Bank of America Web site,” said Sanjay Gupta, an e-commerce executive at the bank. “It was very well received.”

13.The Harvard and M.I.T. researchers, however, found that most online banking customers did not notice when the SiteKey images were absent. When respondents logged in during the study, they saw a site maintenance message on the screen where their image and phrases should have been pictured. The error message also had a conspicuous spelling mistake, further suggesting something fishy.

14.Mr. Gupta of Bank of America said he was not troubled by the results of the survey, and stressed that SiteKey had made the bank’s Web site more secure. He also said that the system was only a single part of a larger security blanket. “It’s not like we’re betting the bank on SiteKey,” he said.

15.Most financial institutions, like Bank of America, have other ways to tell if a customer is legitimate. The banks often drop a small software program, called a cookie, onto a user’s PC to associate the computer with the customer. If the customer logs in from another machine, he may be asked personal questions, like his mother’s maiden name.

16.Rachna Dhamija, the Harvard researcher who conducted the study, points out that swindlers can use their dummy Web sites to ask customers those personal questions. She said that the study demonstrated that site-authentication images are fundamentally flawed and, worse, might actually detract from security by giving users a false sense of confidence.

17.RSA Security, the company that bought PassMark last year, “has a lot of great data on how SiteKey instills trust and confidence and good feelings in their customers,” Ms. Dhamija said. “Ultimately that might be why they adopted it. Sometimes the appearance of security is more important than security itself.”

雅思习题(12)

模拟练习之雅思阅读练习题

Sleep medication linked to bizarre behaviour

New evidence has linked a commonly prescribed sleep medication with bizarre behaviours, including a case in which a woman painted her front door in her sleep.

UK and Australian health agencies have released information about 240 cases of odd occurrences, including sleepwalking, amnesia and hallucinations among people taking the drug zolpidem.

While doctors say that zolpidem can offer much-needed relief for people with sleep disorders, they caution that these newly reported cases should prompt a closer look at its possible side effects.

Zolpidem, sold under the brand names Ambien, Stilnoct and Stilnox, is widely prescribed to treat insomnia and other disorders such as sleep apnea. Various forms of the drug, made by French pharmaceutical giant Sanofi-Aventis, were prescribed 674,500 times in 2005 in the UK.

A newly published report from Australias Federal Health Department describes 104 cases of hallucinations and 62 cases of amnesia experienced by people taking zolpidem since marketing of the drug began there in 2000. The health department report also mentioned 16 cases of strangesleepwalking by people taking the medication.

Midnight snack

In one of these sleepwalking cases a patient woke with a paintbrush in her hand after painting the front door to her house. Another case involved a woman who gained 23 kilograms over seven months while taking zolpidem. It was only when she was discovered in front of an open refrigerator while asleep that the problem was resolved, according to the report.

雅思习题(13)

雅思作文练习题

题目:

An increasing number of people choose to live in big cities.

What problems will this bring about? Should the government encourage people to live in small towns?

范文:

By virtue of economic advantage of big cities, growing numbers of people like to make a living here. Inevitably, some problems arise. A very serious issue is defined environmental concern. A bigger inner city population leads to more frequent use of vehicles, from private cars or trucks, that produce a great deal of pollution. Plus, the increase of the amount of living waste imposes a very negative influence on the environment around these cities.

Another problem is that the increase of population in big cities gives rise to the increasing rate of crime. This is why crime rate in big cities is more than that in small towns.

However, I disagree with the opinion held by some people that the Government ought to persuade the people to move out cities into towns, with the explanation that the today’s Government that is paid a large sum of taxes by payers should not interrupt the citizens’ normal living by telling them to live here or there. Instead, it should try to think out alternative good avenues to work the problems out.

Another reason for my judge is that those living in big cities could strongly oppose to move out because they are used to the current lifestyle. or the environment around them. If they had to move into small towns, they would feel lost or uneasy. In other words, the Government would be making another trouble- the complaint by citizens – just because of encouraging city dwellers to live in small towns.

In conclusion, my view is that the Government should try to improve current situations with the aim of helping with problems rather than simply use population immigration.

雅思习题(14)

雅思口语应该怎么进行思维拓展练习题答案

用对了方法,备考雅思就会事半功倍哦。雅思栏目为您带来如何开阔思维快速拓展雅思口语答案,希望对大家有所帮助。

如何有逻辑地拓展自己的回答一直是让烤鸭们头疼的问题。很多学生因为不知道如何针对自己的回答做出充分合理的`拓展,要么回答过于简短、逻辑过于跳跃,要么磕磕巴巴、影响流利度,这些都会导致考场失分。为此,总结出一条快速应对雅思口语考试各种题目的基本法则供广大考生参考。

首先是直接回答,是指针对考官的提问直接正面回答,切忌兜圈子和回避考官问题。接下来,我们要针对回答进行解释,给出原因。很多同学面对熟悉的话题很容易想到原因,但是如果是日常生活中很少接触的事物,则会没有头绪。出现这种状况的原因是大家往往倾向于从事物本身的特点出发想原因,参见以下例子:(请注意黑体字因果逻辑连接词的替换):

△ Im quite into music for the reason that it never fails to cheer me up.

△ I love my name coz it makes people easily remember me.

△ I enjoy playing computer games as its really fun and its a great way to loosen up.

从这个角度出发想原因并没错,但是当这条路走不通的时候,可以从其他角度发散思维。例如回想一下自己以往好的或者糟糕的经历,参考以下例子:

△ I cant stand public transportation coz every time I take a bus or subway, especially during rush hours, its packed like sardines and I feel like Im going to die.

△ Swimming would be the last thing (that) I want to do. And as I see it, its mainly because once I almost drowned in a river when I was little. It was so horrible.

其次可以想想身边人对你的影响,参考以下例子:

△ Im a big fan of classical music thanks to my mom, who used to put on some music by Beethoven or Schubert at home when I was a kid.

△I find it great to ride bicycles thanks to my bestie, Lily, who is a super fan of cycling. Actually, she always invites me to some local cycling events and gradually its become a necessary part of my life as well.

总结一下,当刚刚听到问题没有思路时,可以从以下几个方面来找灵感:事物本身特点、自己过去经历(开心的/不开心的)、其他人的影响。这样可以帮助我们大大提高流利度。

最后,补充一些细节来支撑刚刚给出的原因。不知道如何给具体例子的烤鸭们,李双老师建议参考个人习惯句型I mean/Actually/In fact/For example, what, who, when, where, why。

下面我们通过Part 1和 Part 3两道例题,再来完整回顾一下直接回答-给原因-给细节这个法则。

Part 1例题:Whats your favorite part of your country?

I definitely think the food culture is the best part of my country. (直接作答)I mean, China never fails to satisfy all peoples needs for tasty food. (给原因)Although sometimes the way we make food is not that healthy, I still think its an ideal place for foodies for the reason that it has a lot to offer, from spicy food to light-cooked food to various kinds of dessert.(给细节)

有时给原因和给细节的顺序可以灵活调整,参考下面Part 3部分的一道例题:Are science museums popular in China?

Definitely! Science museums are popular among not only science buff but also people who are not that crazy about science (直接作答). Actually, no matter its during the weekdays or on the weekends, science museums are always busy and full of visitors (给细节). As I see it, its mainly because the exhibitions/displays in those science museums enable people to enhance their knowledge about ST in an interactive and vivid way (给原因).

雅思习题(15)

雅思写作否定表达练习题

Bingo!

来个汉译英热热身吧:

很多老年人找不到高工资的工作。

Old people cannot find high-paid jobs.

还是

The old cannot find jobs which offer high salary.

哪一个句子和你的差不多?

如果在雅思写作中只是简单的用not的思维来套用否定,那么这个句子可能有点low。我们试一下改写。

改写一:Old people may find it difficult to hunt the well-paid jobs.

这个句子感觉上好了很多。用find it difficult to do这个词组来换掉cannot; 用hunt来换掉find这个常用动词。

改写二:Few theelderly meet job opportunities with high wage.

在这个句子中,few这个词表示很少的,替代cannot。而在动词方面使用meet。

通过这两个句子改写,我们可以看到小小的否定所带来的不一样的改变。其实在课堂上,我通常会将否定表达作为一个主要补充知识点给学生。越是容易忽略的点,越有可能得到迅速提高。

闲话少叙,总结如下:

首先,常用的 cannot ;do not

cannot 我们可以直接考虑 be unable to。

do not呢???思考时间。

答案来了:fail to。

其次,有关否定的形容词有如下:

find it difficult/hard todo sth

find trouble in doing sth

It is less likely/impossible/ difficult to do

few/little

再者,关于否定的动词总结如下,并欢迎你们自行补充。

禁止:refuse、 avoid、forbid、 ban、preventfrom、 prohibit

减少:lessen、lower、decrease、decline

阻碍:hold up、 stand in the way of、block、put off、interrupt

破坏:destroy、damage、disturb、break、exert great damage to、do harm to、disorder、pose threat to

注:请同学们重点记忆短语类表达,也就是词伙。

最后,有关否定的副词:

hardly

barely

rarely

seldom

only

我们再来翻译一个句子

在家受教育的小孩子很难与他人有效沟通。

Homeschooled children hardly communicate with others effectively.

上面的.句子是大部分学生的翻译答案。在当我们用到以上否定副词的时候,要注意倒装句的使用。

[注:通常句子结构为主语+谓语,但在实际语法应用中,为了表示强调,常把谓语移到主语之前,为倒装,常见有完全倒装和部分倒装。而否定副词类属于部分倒装。]

来我们看一下变成倒装和部分改变后的句子:

改写一:Hardly do homeschooled children interact with the peer effectively.

1)倒装:否定副词提前,后面提取本句谓语动词的一部分到主语前。

2)改写:communicate 改为interact

others 替换为 the peer

改写二:Hardly do homeschooled children develop effective people skills withthe peer.

在改写二中,可以看到interact又被develop effective people skills所替代。

通过以上否定的讲解,大家可以看到对于否定的改变使得句子层次提高了,摆脱了中国学生千篇一律的表达方式。而两个翻译句子,我们可以看到句子的经过逐步替代后所显示出不一样的level。

总之,对于雅思作文的句子,其实我个人并不反对学生先想中文,再进行中译英的翻译。然而在翻译过程中,会产生千变万化。建议各位烤鸭们不要只关注结构啊,词汇替换啊这些,也平常每日抽出10分钟, 做3-5个中译英的翻译练习做积累。

雅思习题(16)

雅思写作初级练习题

1. 书面表达(满分30分)

假定你是李华,你所在的学校拟在下个月举办美国电影节(American Film Festival)。请你根据以下要点给你的美国朋友Peter写一封短信,邀请他给学生做一次讲座。信的主要内容包括:

1.讲座目的:使学生对美国电影有所了解;

2.讲座内容:简要介绍美国电影(制片)业的历史;

3.讲座时间:1小时30分钟左右。

注意:

1.可以适当增加细节,使结构完整;

2.词数100左右。

Dear Peter。

Yours, Li Hua

2. 为了丰富外国留学生的生活,你校学生会将举办一次音乐周活动。请你以组织者的身份写一个书面通知书。有关内容如下:

时间:5月第1周

活动:1.演唱歌曲:流行歌曲

2.器乐演奏:古典和民间音乐

3.音乐比赛:听歌曲片断,然后猜出处

地点:届时通知

参加者请于4月20日前报名。

注意:

1.书面通知应写成一篇连贯的`短文;

2.可以适当增减细节;

3.词数100左右;

4.通知格式已为你写好;

5.生词:古典 - classical

民间 - folk

乐器 - musical instruments

比赛 - contest

April 10,2000

Dear students,

……

Come to the great fun!

Students Union

3. 写作 根据提示用英语写出一段100—120词的短文。

1. 一些学生认为学英语很重要。

2.一些学生则认为不必学英语。

我认为 …… (观点、理由)

4. 书面表达(计分25分)

提示:你校学生会将为来访的美国朋友举办一个晚会,要在学校广播中宣布此事,并欢迎大家参加。为使美国朋友听懂,请你用英语写一篇广播通知。要点如下:

宗旨: 欢迎来访的美国朋友

组织者: 学生会

时间: 8月15日(星期六)晚7:30

地点: 主楼屋顶花园

活动内容:音乐、跳舞、唱歌、游戏、交换小礼品(请包装好、签名并在包装外面写上几个祝 愿词)

注意:

①广播稿约100词。

②应包括以上要点,但不要逐字翻译,要组织成一篇通顺连贯的短文。

③开头语已为你写好。May I have your attention,please? I have an announcement to make.

生词:交换礼品——to exchange gifts

学生会——the Student Union

5. 书面表达(共1题,计分15%)

说明:

一个国际青年参观团正在访问我国某城市,你负责安排他们的参观活动,请起草一份通知,准备向参观团团员宣读,通知必须用一段话说明以下几点:

1.参观日期:7月22日,星期六。

时间:早餐后8点出发。午餐在参观地点吃。下午回来。

2.参观内容:分四组,每组参观一个地方:工厂、学校、农场或医院。

3.欢迎每人参加一组活动。请选择好参观地点,并在今晚9点前到服务台(the Service Desk)签名。

注意:

1.通知用英语写,约70——100个词。要求意思、语句连贯。

2.通知只需把要点讲清楚。不要把说明部分逐条译成英语。

3.通知的开头已写在下面,不计入总词数。

Ladies and gentlemen,

May I have your attention, please?

雅思习题(17)

雅思写作真题练习题

下面雅思为大家整理了雅思写作真题练习题,供考生们参考,以下是详细内容。

Some young children spend a great amount of their time practicing sports. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Use specific reasons

It is sometimes said that borrowing money from a friend can harm or damage the friendship. Do you agree? Why or why not? Use reasons and examples in your answer.

Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parentsgeneration? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.

Some people pay money for the things they want or need. Other people trade products or goods for what they need. Compare the advantages of these two ways of obtaining things. Which way do you prefer? Explain why.

Imagine that you have received some land to use as you wish. How would you use this land? Use specific details to explain your answer.

Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

You want to persuade someone to study your native language.What reasons would you give?Support your answer with specific details.

You have been asked to suggest improvements to a park that you have visited. This might be a city park.a regional park,or a national park.What improvements would you make?Why?Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendations.

雅思习题(18)

雅思写作组合练习题

1. Some people think parents should read or tell stories to children, while others think parents need not do that as children can read books, watch TV or movies by themselves. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

2. Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. - US movie actor director John Wayne Why is it important for individuals and countries to think about the future rather than focusing on the present?

3. In many cities, planners tend to arrange shops, schools, offices, and homes in specific areas and separate them from each other. Do you think the advantages of this policy outweigh the disadvantages?

4. Nowadays, distance-learning programs are such common thing for us , but some people argue that courses can never be taken as good as those by attending in a college or university in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

5. Some people think the governments should act to decide how people live in order to make a healthier life. Others think individual should decide their own lifestyle. What do you concern about? Discuss both views and give your opinion.

雅思习题(19)

雅思写作练习题精选

08年的第一场考试(1月10日)马上就要到了,为了迎接新年的.新考试,下面是5道难道适中的写作题(带有预测性),大家可以拿来练下笔。

大家一定要明白个道理:写作绝对是practice makes perfect.换句话说,如果你考前连5篇都没写到,那么你的作文是很难发挥出水平的,也就徘徊在5-6分了(这还是基础好的)!所以,不要犹豫了,拿起笔来,写吧。

* In order to improve the quality of education, high school students should be encouraged to evaluate and criticize their teachers, but others think it will result in loss of respect and discipline in classroom. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.(教育类)

* Differences between countries have become less and less evident, so we can enjoy the same films, brands and TV programs. To what extent do you think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?(文化传统类)

* Many people think that public libraries should only provide books to readers and shouldn’t waste their limited funds on expensive high-tech media, such as computer software, DVD or videos. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?(科技影响类)

* In many countries, good schools and medical facilities are available only in cities. Some people think new teachers and doctors should work in rural areas for a few years, but others think everyone should be free to choose where they work. Discuss both and give your own opinion.(冷门题)

* The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to decrease violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?(政府政策类)

相关推荐

小学优秀教师先进事迹材料

教师事迹材料
“没有爱就没有教育”,这是韩的座右铭。她十几年如一日地用自己的爱心,去热爱工作、热爱孩子、关心孩子,在教书育人、教学改革研究等方面,取得了一定的成绩。她用爱心、耐心,更用慧心把梦想变成了现实。一、刻苦
展开详情

高中新生军训感悟小结

军训专题
因为始终不是家里或者旅馆,设施十分简陋,所以大家在第一天都显得很不习惯,动作不够迅速导致后面的同学不能准时10点上床睡觉,导致我们宿舍第二天被老师批评受到惩罚了,但作为室长的我责无旁贷,只能吸取教训。
展开详情

励志名言警句大全

名人名言
1、生活就象海洋,只有意志坚强的人,才能到达彼岸。——马克思2、人要是惧怕痛苦,惧怕种种疾病,惧怕不测的事情,惧怕生命的危险和死亡,他就什么也不能忍受了。——卢梭3、即使行动导致错误,却也带来了学习与
展开详情

关于考试的作文

考试作文
人们常说父爱如山,母爱如水。可在我看来,他既不像山也不像水。每当爸爸就为了一件小事,大发雷霆,正言厉色时,在角落里像一只小老鼠的我总能想起三年前的一件事。那是一个寒风凛冽的一个冬天。发布考试成绩的那天
展开详情

英语五年级上册期末测试题精选

试题
一、选出每组中不同类的一项。()1.A.China  B.English  C.theUK()2.A.We  B.rice  C.their()3.A.tall  B.thin  C.take()4.
展开详情

百草园到三味书屋课件(汇集3篇)

课件
百草园到三味书屋课件(1)【教学目的】1、学习课文细致观察、抓住特点,具体、真切、生动地描写事物,同时巧妙地运用对比突出主题。2、鲁迅先生从小热爱大自然、热爱自由生活、探求各种知识;也揭示了封建教育束
展开详情

初一英语知识点人教版2022

备考资料
可数名词变复数可数名词变复数时,有规则变化和不规则变化两种。1、规则变化:1)一般情况直接在词尾加“-s”,如:cake-cakes,bag-bags,day-days,face-faces,oran
展开详情

家庭教育讲座的观后感

家庭教育
今天有幸观看了王琨老师的家庭教育讲座,真是受益匪浅。讲座以“孩子从优秀到卓越的五大力量”为主题,向家长们分享了如何科学、正确地教育孩子。父母作为孩子的第一任老师,其一言一行都在影响着孩子,家庭教育对孩
展开详情

遵守规则的初中话题作文范文

八年级语文
在我的生活中,有经历过许多事情,但是,有一件事让我终生难忘。在一个春光明媚的下午,我一人独自在广场上滑冰,划着划着,我看见有一个人的口袋里掉下了10元钱,而他他没有发现,我连忙划过去,把钱小心翼翼地拾
展开详情

诗词简介(推荐8篇)

诗词
诗词简介(1)百年春一年,四月月将圆。客邸淹长日,归途逼暑天。莺声时一啭,蚕事欲三眠。节物还如旧,情怀自可怜。作者方回简介方回(1227~1305),元朝著名诗人、诗论家。江西诗派殿军(中国文学史·第
展开详情
热点文档
1-20
21-40
41-60
61-80
81-100
101-120
121-140
141-160
161-180
181-200
学弈说课稿(甄选18篇) 2020年员工安全教育培训试题及答案 2022年八十天环游地球读书心得500字 大学新生关于军训的感言诗歌 九年级新学期数学知识点苏教版 老师的座右铭 关于春节的诗句大全(实用8篇) 文言文读书笔记 一课一练答案(精选4篇) 产科实习的自我鉴定 高三优秀作文800字2022 做三年级数学应用题200题 有关科普知识作文 过度依赖手机英语作文(推荐5篇) 高中生物易混知识点 我的教育故事读后感(合集5篇) 评选校级优学生事迹材料 微笑面对生活议论文(优质6篇) 水浒经典的读书笔记 商丘市近年来中考作文真题 美好生活劳动创造作文大全 高新企业社会实践心得体会 电磁铁说课稿(优选5篇) 圆柱的体积说课稿(汇总19篇) 安全知识的作文 轴对称图形教案(必备15篇) 中考的感受作文 描写山水的古诗(热门4篇) 小学生常见的奥数智力题有哪些 小学五年级数学的学习方法 2022银行个人实习工作报告 查理和巧克力工厂读书心得范文500字 因数和倍数的教学设计(甄选19篇) 大学法学专业毕业生实习报告 以珍惜为话题满分作文800字 部编版一年级语文下册复习资料 《恋恋笔记本》观后感 读书笔记作文300字 高中语文阅读答题技巧公式(集合12篇) 电工实习单位评语 函数概念教案(热门5篇) 幼儿园教师读书笔记范文 高三语文文言文阅读提高方法 小学一到六年级的所有数学公式 高一作文读书范文800字 英语专业开题报告范文(汇总8篇) 高一生物的学习方法 六年级课文《老人与海鸥》读后感 防溺水安全教育知识学习心得 护士社会实践心得体会 七年级上册寒假答案 初一年级上册数学的21个热门知识点 学会看病读后感500字范文 鲁滨孙读书笔记 三年级上册语文试题 年级上册英语作文(精选20篇) 六年级语文上册练习题及答案 七年级读红楼梦有感范文300字 高考满分作文800字大全 《可贵的沉默》读后感500字范文 期中考试目标作文 物流管理专业大学生实习报告 简爱英文经典语录 恐龙教学设计第二课时(精品6篇) 初一生物第一单元期末复习与学习方法 初一数学下册北师大版知识点 会走路的树教学反思(集合12篇) 高三必背英语作文梳理 四等分教案(汇编19篇) 小学生一年级的英语自我介绍范文 高考百日誓师大会校长发言稿 幼儿益智睡前故事 高一作文700字中国梦例文 白鹿原上奏响一支老腔阅读答案(精选3篇) 马阅读答案(精品20篇) 《杜鹃花》阅读答案 窗外的世界500字初中作文 老人与海鸥的说课稿(汇总11篇) 圆柱的认识教案设计(精编7篇) 散文1000字(推荐20篇) 教育教学设计(必备16篇) 世界名著爱的教育读书笔记300字范文 考试的分数作文 高二明辨是非的议论文作文 安徒生童话读后感范文 最美的是宽容600字精彩作文 关爱他人主题班会(精选3篇) 英语考试作文 工程力学专业大学生求职信 傅雷家书读书笔记800字 我永远爱你教案(优质5篇) 三年级语文上册习题 有利商业谈判小技巧(集合4篇) 跳水说课稿(甄选6篇) 相濡以沫爱情唯美句子(必备5篇) 高考语文拿高分的方法 2022高考语文冲刺知识点全集 项羽之死优秀教案(精编6篇) 马里奥·扎加洛 绿野仙踪读书心得感悟范文 江城子教案(汇总7篇) 高一数学成绩怎么提高的方法 高考地理大题题型回答小技巧 寒假读《孔子拜师》有感 毕业生实习个人小结 关于五四青年节的作文700字精彩范文 走进大自然作文600(汇总19篇) 优秀小学生先进事迹材料 精神的三间小屋教案(精选5篇) 幸福生活话题作文初中范文 感动的名人名言(必备9篇) 高校教案(汇集7篇) 大学生假期实践心得 高二议论文800字范文 麦琪的礼物读书心得 散步读后感800字范文 2020 小英雄雨来读后感范文 四级听力答案(汇总13篇) 高中物理学习方法分享 有关一次的考试作文300字 人生难免有挫折教学设计(必备3篇) 四年级小鹿斑比读书笔记范文300字 贪玩老爸读后感范文500字 因数倍数教学设计(甄选17篇) 我爱劳动300字作文劳动节范文 呼兰河传读书心得感悟500字 认识圆锥教学设计(甄选12篇) 关于道理的谚语(推荐20篇) 《爱的教育》800字读书笔记 2021年交通安全知识征文600字 祖国在我心中教学反思(必备7篇) 读绿野仙踪有感范文300字 优秀军训标兵军训感想 必备大学生社会实践心得体会 建筑实习学生周记 阿长与山海经读后感作文 高考理综化学知识点及题型 太阳的古诗(实用3篇) 离婚的句子(精选16篇) 考试作文 一篇气死99名老师的中学生作文(爆笑笑话) 《窗子以外》阅读答案(通用4篇) 关于分手的句子(实用3篇) 室内设计顶岗实习报告 最新学习方法 找春天说课稿(推荐16篇) 生活心情语录(精选185句) 父亲的箴言 高中必修一政治易错易混知识点 2022业务员个人实习工作总结_有关业务员实习工作总结范文 高中历史学习方法 古今诚信故事(实用5篇) 有序数对教案(热门3篇) 大学寒假实践心得 有关期中考试反思作文300字 2022年了不起的狐狸爸爸读书笔记范文 电流和电路教案(精编4篇) 高一信念议论文800字 木兰诗阅读题(通用10篇) 以考试的作文 2022成人高考可以异地报名吗 以放鞭炮为话题的小学生日记 白说读书心得1000字 考试以后作文 健康生活英语作文(汇总9篇) 高一语文常考古诗词 学法用法家庭事迹材料 考试的作文 垂线教学设计(汇集5篇) 让孩子爱上学习英语的方法 物理初二上册第一章的提纲 家长在生活中怎样正确引导孩子 鸟的天堂阅读答案(实用3篇) 林贤治《人间鲁迅》阅读答案 带虎字的成语大全(必备5篇) 学校新年对联(精品8篇) 小飞侠彼得潘优秀读书笔记 以风景为话题作文优秀范文 部编三年级语文《美丽的小兴安岭》练习答案 一年级数学必考知识点总结 憧憬的近义词是什么 培根随笔读书笔记 七年级语文仿句集习题 销售正能量小故事(必备16篇) 关于清明节的小学作文400字 有关数学的学习方法 高考英语使用句型大集合,英语从不及格到137分怎样做到 高中物理电场公式 写小学毕业考试作文400字 2022小升初语文必背知识点总结 七颗钻石读后感400字范文 寒假读《爱的教育》有感范文 何首乌 幼儿故事大赛主持词(优质3篇) 换暖包利民阅读理解答案 北京传说故事(推荐3篇) 彩色的梦教学反思(精选16篇) 寒假实践心得 养花读后感