英国留学个人陈述法律专业范文是怎么样的?

首页

英国留学个人陈述法律专业范文是怎么样的?

英国留学个人陈述法律专业范文是怎么样的?

提交回答

全部答案

2017-05-31 18:18:41
  •   
      近年来,中国申请去英国大学读法律专业的学生越来越多。而在英国留学申请过程中,英国留学个人陈述的写作非常关键。接下来,我们将给大家提供一些法律类专业英国留学个人陈述PS优秀范文,希望对大家的英国大学法律类专业申请有所帮助。
      Law Personal Statement
      Literature can be seen as a microcosm of society, reflecting the irregularities and inequalities that are present in everyday life。
       As an English student, my initial interest in Law stemmed from its portrayal in fictional works such as ‘To Kill a Mockingbird;’ however, it is the real life applications, as explored in the Times Law supplement and films like ‘Erin Brockovich,’ showing it to be both humanitarian and intellectually stimulating that affirmed my aspirations to study Law。
         A levels have given me the chance to explore and develop some skills that would constitute a good Law student。 In English Literature the ability to infer information and substantiate a conclusion is essential; the component in AS coursework to write a discursive essay “is King Lear a victim of circumstance or a tragic hero?” juxtaposed the emotive element of a mans downfall with detached facts。
       To arrive at a reasoned conclusion, it was necessary to look at the whole picture and read around a variety of critical opinions in order to build up a body of evidence in order to have an objective judgement。
       I am interested in the ever-changing nature of Law as in order to better serve society or fairly arbitrate cases with extenuating circumstances such as that of Kiranjit Ahluwalia; initially given life for killing her husband after enduring 10 years of abuse her sentence was later remanded。
         Furthermore, I believe French is a beneficial subject, as through studying French, my awareness of the structure and wording of English has also increased; translating an article often takes much preparation and preciseness of language to comprehend the intended nuance of meaning。
       In addition, Business Studies requires a good knowledge of current affairs, reading around so as to have an opinion on the many factors that could influence a business, there was also the opportunity to study some aspects of Corporate Law; I was particularly interested in the changing attitudes of society as reflected by the gradual introduction of anti-discrimination Laws。
       Taking AS Psychology I studied topics clearly associated with the practicalities of Law, questioning the work by Loftus and Palmer on the reliability of eyewitness testimony; however, it also gave me an insight into the depth of human nature and the factors that can affect it。
       In particular, the work of Milgram showed me the need to question an individual’s behaviour and the reasons behind it。   In addition, to explore the possibility Law as a profession I completed a weeklong placement at a solicitors firm in Epsom。
       I was given the chance to shadow a solicitor, alongside further reading such as ‘The Law Machine’ by Marcel Berlins, this was invaluable in showing the realities and strenuousness of working in this field。
       The necessity of a dedicated and diligent approach in order to be successful greatly appealed to me and sustained my interest in Law。
         In regards to extra curricular activities, at my sixth form I have been selected to be a prefect, a role requiring patience and persistence when working with younger years。
       In the Young Enterprise scheme, which involved creating and running a business, I was selected to be Managing Director by my peers for the tuition service we established。
       The post required talking to large groups of parents; in order to persuade them to become shareholders it was essential to talk both persuasively and confidently。
       Also I work regularly as a tutor for Explore Learning, teaching Maths and English to groups of young children, and do voluntary work for the Epsom and Ewell Bengali association: I help elder members of the community who don’t speak English fluently to fill in forms and write letters。
       These activities have all given me the opportunity to communicate with varying types of people in different circumstances, be it to clarify a principle, promote a business opportunity or provide instruction。
         A Law degree is not restricted to furthering my aspirations of becoming a solicitor; it would provide a unique opportunity to explore a variety of issues that I feel passionate about。
       With the skills that I have already explored, I will strive to be a hardworking and successful undergraduate who will play a full part in university life。

_***

2017-05-31 18:18:41

类似问题

换一换

相关推荐

正在加载...
最新问答 推荐信息 热门专题 热点推荐
  • 1-20
  • 21-40
  • 41-60
  • 61-80
  • 81-100