爱问知识人 爱问教育 医院库

翻译

首页

翻译

请不要用金山快译等,谢谢 
Florence Sephton is 77 and lives in Deganwy, North Wales. She is reading for an arts degree. “I'm more of a creature to polish my mind than polish my furniture. The house takes second place while I put the studying first.”
“I was very happy at school and had wonderful teaching. I passed the university entrance examination and was ready to go to university but with World War II I went into banking. I was paid £ 1 a week. Manchester University kept my place open for three years but I was enjoying the money and the freedom so I turned it down.”
Mrs Sephton is now in the second year of her Open University course and is finding it hard work. “I'm feeling tired more frequently. I can't do more than an hour’s work at a time. The memory’s shock¬ing . I'm supposed to be reviewing and I look up notes I took earlier this year and think, ‘Have you read this before?’ So I'm doing it very slowly—one credit (学分) a year, so it'll take six years.”
“At the moment the greatest reward is simply the increase in knowledge—and the discipline. I had an essay failed this week. The professor said I hadn’t answered the question. I’ve been thinking about it all week. I find it difficult to organize ideas of an essay properly. I just let myself go and get excited. I feel more emotionally than I do mentally. I'm very ordinary really.”
While claiming to be ordinary and lazy, Mrs Sephton is still working hard daily at her assignments (作业) . Mrs Sephton sees her studies as keeping her fit and independent. “Because of my life I’ve been self-sufficient . It’s not a very nice characteristic. It means I don’t care enough about people. I can’t say I find comfort in what I’m learning, so I’ll be interested to see if there s a life ahead.”

提交回答
好评回答
  • 2008-02-12 20:33:08
      Florence Sephton is 77 and lives in Deganwy, North Wales。 
    Florence Sephton是居住在北威尔士Deganwy的一位77岁高龄的老太太。 
    She is reading for an arts degree。
       “I'm more of a creature to polish my mind than polish my furniture。 The house takes second place while I put the studying first。
      ” 她正在进修学士学位。“我更多的是更新我的知识而不是擦亮我的家具。我把学习放在第一位,而把家务放在第二位。” “I was very happy at school and had wonderful teaching。 I passed the university entrance examination and was ready to go to university but with World War II I went into banking。
       “我在学校里很高兴并且受到了很好的教导。我通过了高考并且已经准备踏入大学校园,但是随着第二次世界大战的爆发我从事了银行业。 I was paid £ 1 a week。 Manchester University kept my place open for three years but I was enjoying the money and the freedom so I turned it down。
      ” 我每周工资是1英镑。曼彻斯特大学保留了我3年的学籍,但我那是很喜欢金钱和自由所以我拒绝了学校。” Mrs Sephton is now in the second year of her Open University course and is finding it hard work。
       “I'm feeling tired more frequently。 I can't do more than an hour’s work at a time。 The memory’s shock¬ing 。 I'm supposed to be reviewing and I look up notes I took earlier this year and think, ‘Have you read this before?’ So I'm doing it very slowly—one credit (学分) a year, so it'll take six years。
      ” Sephton夫人现在是成人大学的2年级学生,而且发现现在再去学习的话相当困难。“我时常感到很疲劳。我一次学习的时间不能超过1小时。记忆力也很差。我本该去复习的,然后看看上半年记下来的笔记之后回想‘我以前读过这个么?’所以我学习进度很慢,一年才攒到1个学分,所以我花了6年时间” “At the moment the greatest reward is simply the increase in knowledge—and the discipline。
       “这时最伟大的收获仅仅就是简单的知识的增加和获得的教训。 I had an essay failed this week。 The professor said I hadn’t answered the question。 I’ve been thinking about it all week。
       我这周没有通过论文答辩。教授说我没有回答问题。我整周的时间都在思考这个。 I find it difficult to organize ideas of an essay properly。 I just let myself go and get excited。
       I feel more emotionally than I do mentally。 I'm very ordinary really。” 我发现要恰当的整理论文答辩思路很难。我只是让自己去兴奋。我越来越觉得在感情上比我在心理上感受到得更多。
      我真的很普通。” While claiming to be ordinary and lazy, Mrs Sephton is still working hard daily at her assignments (作业) 。 Mrs Sephton sees her studies as keeping her fit and independent。
       即使被认为是普通和懒惰的人,Sephton夫人仍然每天在努力的做作业。Sephton夫人把她的学习过程看作是保持自我健康和独立。 “Because of my life I’ve been self-sufficient 。 It’s not a very nice characteristic。
       It means I don’t care enough about people。 I can’t say I find comfort in what I’m learning, so I’ll be interested to see if there s a life ahead。
      ” “因为我的生活一直在自给自足。这不是很好的性格。这就意味着我对人们关心不够。我不能说我通过学习感受到慰籍,所以我会有兴趣看看是否有未来的生活。”。

米***

2008-02-12 20:33:08

类似问题

换一换
  • 外语学习 相关知识

• 教育培训
  • 教育考试

相关推荐

正在加载...
最新资料 推荐信息 热门专题 热点推荐
  • 1-20
  • 21-40